Challenge Coin Rules
Anyone! Anytime! Anywhere! A coin check can happen.
- To initiate a coin check, whip your coin out and bring attention to it as subtly or obnoxiously as you choose. For example, flip your Challenge Coin in the air, shout out “For Pony!”, catch it and slam your fist on a table, or just lightly tap it against a wooden surface.
- Everyone nearby with a Looking For Group Challenge Coin has to respond to the coin check in the same way.
- Anyone with a Looking For Group Challenge Coin who fails to respond to the challenge correctly pays up.
- If everyone with a Looking For Group Challenge Coin responds to the challenge correctly, you, as the person who initiated the coin check, pay up.
- When you have to pay up, you have to buy everyone involved in the coin check a venue-appropriate item, like beer at a bar, a double-double at Tim Horton’s, or a bloush stress ball at a Blind Ferret con booth.
- Failure to pay up means everyone involved in the coin check gets to treat you like their Hctib for 1 hour, dismissing you and abusing you as a warlock does his imp familiar.
- Rules disputes are settled by all participants of the coin check, going to a majority vote if a consensus can’t be reached otherwise, and ties going to the side of the argument of the person who initiated the coin check.